Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Search me, O God!

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24 KJV

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24 NIV

Look deep into my heart, God, and find out everything I am thinking. Don't let me follow evil ways, but lead me in the way that time has proven true. Psalm 139:23-24 CEV

Periodically, I find it important to ask God to give me a check up. If there are any men out there, my 30K mile service. I find I am horrible to fall into a routine, and neglect my growth in my walk with Christ. I am reading the Word of God, and I am studying. But am I really reading and studying what I need? So I ask God to search me, and see where I am ailing. I ask for his prescription, and most importantly, where to apply it.

He is the only one capable of seeing all of us. He is our creator. He knows all of our secret hiding places. He knows what we have hidden there. He knows our past, and has forgiven us. He knows our future, and wants to guide us. He can even show us things that we have hidden from ourselves. But, best of all, He can show us what is stunting our growth, and what we need to grow.

No comments: