Friday, August 17, 2007

Bye bye, old friend!

Today is a sad day for me. The last of our original clan went out in the yard with a for sale sign on it. Our last motorcycle. We started with 4. Number 1 and 2 were sold over the years when funds were low. (2 riders don't need 4 bikes anyways) Number 3, my 1970 Triumph was sold when we made the choice for me to quit work and homeschool.

Our last one to sell (number 4) was also the first one we owned. I remember dropping it on the dirt driveway at the farm when I was learning to ride. My boyfriend's bike. He told me not to worry if I dropped it. "There is nothing you can do to it that can't be fixed". By the way, I married him!

We sold it once, and bought it back, but not before the new owner replaced the beautiful purple paint with some flames. (Yuck!) When everyone else's bike would break down, number four would keep running. When someone's back was hurting, we would switch bikes, because it was the smoothest ride. It would fly in a drag race. (but not quick enough for the Triumph) It would hold it's own in a slow race. It has been loaned to just about everyone we know who rides.

Now my hubby says he believes it is time to part with it. He has rode 3 times in the last year, me, none. But still I'm sad.

Bye bye, old friend! I hope to see you in passing. In the wind!

2 comments:

AnnG said...

Welcome to the blogging world....I;m new too. I'm a Christian, homeschooling mom too. I have 2 boys, 17 and 3....I've enjoyed looking at your blog tonight.

koinonia community said...

Thanks Ann! I look forward to chatting more.