Monday, September 3, 2007

Home made Soaps

I am nearing the end of my last bottle of "all - small & mighty". I made a commitment to make my own laundry soap. I already make my own daily shower spray, and have been pleased with the results. As I get older, my allergies have been getting horrendous, and making my own, I can choose my scents. I know there are unscented products out there, but I still like scents - just ones that don't give me a headache. And I do want to be environmentally responsible. As an added benefit, everything I have read has said that I can make detergent that costs about a cent a load. That is big savings in my house!

I have found several recipes for liquid and powder laundry soap. I think I am going with a powder soap that you make in a food processor. I have read several reviews. But I want to know if any of you have tried this. What did you think? How did it work? I have a HE washer and believe that it will work great without all the sudsing.

Any other home made recommendations from anyone? I would love some recipes. I am going to make home made goodies for my friends and family this year for Christmas and would love some recipes for things I can add to their goody baskets!

Thanks y"all!

1 comment:

TheNormalMiddle said...

I don't have any recommendations but I'll tell you, if you don't find a recipe you like, you can check out the soaps at the Greensboro Farmers Curb Market. They are heavenly! and pretty reasonable too :)