These are the rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you
2) Post the rules on your blog (this is what you are now reading)
3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below)
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them (This is only a game)
5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up
Sooooooo......here are some nifty little tidbits about moi. I know you are on the edge of your seats!
1) I am a wee bit 'energetic'. This means I don't sit well, I talk excitedly, and I am easily distracted. You may be able to tell that from my writing. When I'm talking to you you may hear "Well I was driving down highway 8 and Oooh that's pretty. Did you see the color of her shirt. I like that..and I came to the stoplight and was sitting there thinking...Kasi, get off that chair. Furniture is for sitting, not for climbing...and finally it turned green and it was my turn to go..." Fun, eh?!
2) I love reading aloud to my girls. If we don't get any learnin' in for the day, we get in mommy reading time. And we talk about it and have a grand ol' time. How else can a momma get a chance to read those corny as always Nancy Drew mysteries? Ah, yet another chance to find out what sort of smart outfit titian haired Nancy is wearing, and what pleasantly plump Bess is eating.
3) I am married to the coolest pig farmer in the whole world. He is laid back and brings me back to earth when I do get a wee bit 'energetic'. God definitely brought us together to establish balance.
4) I wake up early every day and let my girls sleep in just so I can have a couple of hours or so to myself of complete silence. This is my selfish time. I hang with God, write on my blog, send emails, read....anything a wanna.
5) Cooking is a creative artistic outlet for me since I don't have time to paint anymore. There is no telling what you will eat when you come to my house. Beware! I will try to make anything.
6) I was once a correctional officer. That's right! At one time, a long, long time ago in a far away land...someone respected my authority!!!
7) Yup, I had to add one. I'm a nonconformist. I'm not as normal as you think I am.
So, now you know all the important whatsits, howsits, and whosits. Have a blessed day!
And, a tag you're it to.....we'll all find out after this important break.
A "Tag, you're it" goes out to my buddy Sherlyn over at Carolina Cowgirl. You will love Sherlyn. She is warm, funny, and a huge animal lover. And she is short like me. We short people are drawn to each other. Maybe it's 'cause we can hug flat-footed. What do you think, Sherlyn?
Next is her hubby and also my buddy Mike aka Preacher Mike. Mike writes some incredible posts that really get you thinking about the biblical relevance of some of our current trains of thought. Mike has been a little slack about posting lately and I want us all to encourage him to get back to it. Try it! You'll like it!
Next, one of my newer friends from the Soapmaker's Corner, Elizabeth from Gassner Custom Soaps. She too is a SAHM and a soap maker! See, and y'all thought I was weird. She is generous and has some adorable little girls. You will find all sorts of goodies on her blog. She's not just a soap artist. Enjoy!
I also want to tag my friend Karen aka That Mom. You really need to check out Karen's blog. She is an incredible mentor and encourager for homeschooling mothers, having home schooled her own six. She has numerous podcasts available for download from her site. Stop and hear some words of encouragement and testimonies, and enjoy the discussions and information you will find there.
Reverend Colin is a gentleman I have become friends with during the last year or so through my friend Lindsey via Blogger. Even if I am rushed, I stop by his blog, Share My Journey, for a visit. You will find the Word of God, encouragement, compassion for the needy, fabulous poetry, and also be able to access the Voice Ministries site for Christian music and writing. So often, when I visit I find that God has placed the same issues on our hearts.
And, lastly but not leastly is my newish friend Anne-Marie aka the Soap Queen from Bramble Berry. I think all of you need to learn a little bit more about soap making. It is incredibly fun, and natural soap is SO much better for you than those bars and bottles of harsh detergents you buy at the store. You will find that Anne-Marie not only writes about soap but her other passions. Stop by and learn about entrepreneurship, exercise, and maybe a wee bit about cupcakes. She's a busy woman. You never know what she will have going on.
Now give these folks a couple of days or so to get going with the game. They are all very busy people and incredibly good sports for playing along. Then drop by and see what they have to say. Get to know them. Encourage them. Learn some new stuff. You will see that my collection of friends are as eclectic as I am. Have a fabulous time getting to know them! Then enjoy your new friends.