Friday, July 4, 2008

Filling Our Hearts with God





I found this at my friend, Sherlyn's site (aka. Carolina Cowgirl). It struck me as to how true it is.

I'm afraid that I often crowd God out of my heart with thoughts of myself - thoughts of my desires, my discomforts - focusing on me, me, me. In all truth, I should be focused on God. I should focus my heart on God, and he will fill it up. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

Our teaching pastor gives us an illustration of a triangle when describing the relationship between a husband and a wife. The husband exists at one lower corner, and the wife exists that the other lower corner. They are far apart. In fact, as long as they look toward each other, the distance remains. But as they travel upward toward the other corner (where God exists), they not only travel closer toward God, but closer toward each other. In seeking God, they will discover each other.



No comments: