Thursday, February 14, 2008

Their Community Will Be Established Before Me

Jeremiah 30:18-20 Regarding the restoration of Israel

18 "This is what the LORD says:
" 'I will restore the fortunes of Jacob's tents
and have compassion on his dwellings;
the city will be rebuilt on her ruins,
and the palace will stand in its proper place.
19 From them will come songs of thanksgiving

and the sound of rejoicing.
I will add to their numbers,
and they will not be decreased;
I will bring them honor,
and they will not be disdained.
20 Their children will be as in days of old,

and their community will be established before me;
I will punish all who oppress them.

Good news for folks looking to establish a community for God. This refers to God's plans for the restoration of the nation of Israel. And we know the restoration was never fully realized. It will be completed upon the return of Jesus Christ. My question: Is the nation of Israel a place or a people?

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

Hi Koinia -

I loved your comment on my blog about the chocolate chip castor recipe! I'd love to know more.

When you get a chance, can you pop over and tell me more about the recipe?

Thanks!

Anne-Marie